Although there is a genetic factor to sagging and early wrinkling of skin, especially in women, there are steps you can take to slow down sagging of the face and neck. Like all anti-aging preventative plans, the earlier you start the better results you get. If the older women in your family, especially your mother, had early sagging and wrinkling, then it is even more important that you start early.
The best way to slow down this progression is prevention:
· Don’t tan
· Daily sun protection with sun block every day to your face and neck
· Avoid weight fluctuations, toxins and smoking
· Eat a healthy non-glycemic diet
· Use topical skin care with retinoids, antioxidants, peptides, growth factors, fruit acids
· For females, dealing with estrogen loss helps too