Save your skin with the right sunscreen applied the right way.
• Apply Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen. Look for a product that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
• Look for Zinc Oxide. It’s the most effective ingredient for protecting your skin. Titanium dioxide is a good second choice.
• Choose SPF 30 or Above. That means you can stay about 30 times longer in the sun for the same exposure than if you were wearing nothing. It will also block about 97 percent of UV rays.
• Re-apply After Water, Reapply once every hour if you’re exposed to water, and once every two to three hours if you’re out in the sun continually.
• Avoid Peak UV Hours. Try to schedule activities for the morning or evening – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. is the greatest danger zone for UV exposure.
• Look for Sun-Protective Clothes. Hats, umbrella, shades and long-sleeved shirts are great choices, especially clothes with built-in sun protection – look UVF fabrics.